The CONN toolbox lead developer is Alfonso Nieto-Castanon. The toolbox was created as part of a collaboration with Susan Whitfield-Gabrieli at the MIT Gabrieli Lab, McGovern Institute of Brain Research. It has since been supported by generous contributions from the Gabrieli Lab (McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Guenther Lab (Sargent College, Boston University), and PEN Lab (Center for Cognitive and Brain Health, Northeastern University)
The toolbox uses, integrates, or borrows extensively from the following sources:
- SPM: Statistical Parametric Mapping package. Software developed by members & collaborators of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging
- ART: Artifact detection/identification toolbox. Software developed by members & collaborators of the Gabrieli Lab at MIT
- NBS: Network Based Statistics connectome software. Developed by Andrew Zalesky at the University of Melbourne
- FreeSurfer: Software suite for processing and analyzing brain MRI data. Developed by the Laboratory for Computational Neuroimaging at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging.
- BCT: Brain Connectivity Toolbox. Network analysis software developed by Olaf Sporns and Mika Rubinov among other members & collaborators of Indiana University.